1. Look before you leap but remember, he who hesitates is lost.
2. Absense makes the heart grow fonder, but then, out of sight, out of mind.
3. Seeing is believing but don't forget the hand is quicker than the eye.
4. The squeaking wheel gets the grease but silence is golden.
5. Opposites attract but birds of a feather flock together.
6. A picture is worth a thousand words but it took only seven words (and no picture) to express that idea.
7. Two heads are better than one but too many cooks spoil the broth.
The lame which lacks the means to go
is carried on the blind man's back,
So mutually between the two
The one supplies the other's lack:
The blind to lame doth lend his might,
The lame to blind doth yield his sight.
Next Lesson: What's Wrong With Gambling? | Back to Home | Email